Born December 14, 1985 in Belmont, Trinidad & Tobago, Devon Dane Daniel Gulston also knows as Tall Up, had the makings of a true dancer even at a very early age. Continually in motion, this young man has always had an interest in music. At the age of 3, he would be found imitating music videos of Michael Jackson and Wham! His dance has been enriched with the island beat pulsing through his veins, giving him a unique sense of timing and groove.
Upon immigrating to Toronto, Canada in 1993, the adolescent Dane focused on establishing his educational endeavours. He enrolled in the esteemed Bendale Business & Technology Institute, for his secondary education and completed their Mechanical and Electrical Engineering programs successfully.
Now matured both in mind and body, this 6”8 foot, 25 year old has been in many contemporary music video and film media including:
Song Artist’ Videos by:
- Keish Chante “Does He Love Me”
- Melanie Dura “Let Me”
- Kardinal Offishall “Illegal Alien”
- Frank & Dank “Like That”
- Our Lady Peace “Where Are You”
- Rihanna “Pon Di Replay”
- Verse “Hustle Fast, Hustle Slow”
Film & Television works:
- Blockbuster hit “Redemption” feat. Jaime Fox
- “Foreign” tele-broadcast throughout Jamaica
- “Two Kings” Launching in Canada Fall 2005
Tall Up also has toured North America with the urban Toronto-based dance group “Mayhem’s Finest: School Of Mayhem”. Some of their shows include:
- Ecko, Getting’ Up Festival
- Alicia Keys’ North American Tour - “Keep a Child Alive” A.I.D.S. Awareness concerts Running ’04-‘05
- Roca-Fest @ The Hershey Concert of Performing Arts
- Theatrical Performances for the renowned, Luther Brown; Toronto’s Urban Dance/ Hip Hop Choreographer.
Determined. Talented. Creative. Gifted Dancer, Gulston’s abilities are as apparent as his stature. Once on the scene, people are sure to take notice of his abilities. This up and coming Canadian dancer has much more up his sleeve than noted above. Dane’s innate sense of timing and drama along with his natural energy and skill have yet to penetrate the vast market searching for their star. Watching this boy go is like watching a rocket launch - he’s got one way to go…UP!